Do you live in ZIP code 48910 or 48911?
LANSING, MI --- The Capital Area Humane Society is pleased to announce, thanks to grant funding from PetSmart Charities totaling $120,910 over two years, CAHS is able to offer free spays and neuters for cats living in Lansing zip codes 48910 and 48911.
- The Capital Area Humane Society Spay & Neuter clinic is offering free spay & neuter cat surgeries for Lansing residents living in 48910 and 48911 zip codes.
- All cats and kittens must be at least eight weeks old and weigh two pounds.
- Rabies vaccines and microchips are included at the time of surgery, if needed.
- Proof of address is required.
- People who live in other ZIP codes, but need help, are encouraged to call the clinic to discuss other options
- Residents in 48910 and 48911 wanting to schedule free surgeries for their cats can call (517)908-0756.
WHEN: Now and over the next two years.
WHERE: All surgeries will be performed at the Spay & Neuter Clinic located at 5919 South Cedar Street in Lansing.
WHY: Spay and neuter is the only effective way to address the pet overpopulation problem in mid-Michigan. According to the Michigan Department of Agriculture, about 250,000 animals end up in Michigan shelters every year.